Ecommerce (Electronic commerce) also known as e-business, e-tailing, e-comm is the term used for purchasing, selling and exchanging of goods and services on the internet commonly referred to as World Wide Web (WWW).
Types of Ecommerce Services:
- Business to Business.
- Business to Consumer.
- Consumer to Business.
- Consumer to Consumer.
E-commerce Solutions can be divided into:
- E-tailing or “virtual storefronts” on websites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a “virtual mall”
- The gathering and use of demographic data through Web contacts and social media
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the business-to-business exchange of data
- E-mail and fax and their use as media for reaching prospective and established customers (for example, with newsletters)
- Business-to-business buying and selling